Board of County Commissioners will hold their weekly meetngs at
Victim Assistance and Law Enforcement (VALE) Fund
Victim Assistance and Law Enforcement (VALE) Fund
Tenth Judicial District
September 7, 2018
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Funding Cycle January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019
The Tenth Judicial Victim Assistance and Law Enforcement (VALE) Board announces the availability of Local VALE funds authorized by Title 24, Article 4.2, Colorado Revised Statutes.
ANTICIPATED AMOUNT AVAILABLE: Because VALE funds are obtained through the assessment of fines by the courts, it is impossible to know the exact amount of funds that will be available for grants in 2019. As a result, the Board anticipates that it will allocate approximately $340,000 for 2019 grants and COVA Conference Scholarships.
GRANT PERIOD: January 1, 2019 through December 31, 2019
ELIGIBILITY: The Local VALE Board is authorized to enter into contracts for the purchase and coordination of victim and witness assistance services with persons or agencies that the Board deems appropriate. The Board shall accept and evaluate applications related to the implementation of the rights afforded to crime victims pursuant to Section 24-4.1-302.5 C.R.S. and for the provision of services delineated pursuant to Sections 24-4.1-303 and 304 C.R.S. Such monies shall not be used for defraying the costs of routine and ongoing operating expenses.
Grants submitted to the Board must serve persons residing or victimized in the Tenth Judicial District (Pueblo, County).
PRIORITY CATEGORIES: The Tenth Judicial District VALE Board will give priority consideration to victim services and law enforcement programs which:
(1) Are required to provide victim services for the implementation of the rights afforded to crime victims pursuant to Section 24-4.1-302.5 C.R.S.;
(2) Are included among the provision of the services and programs delineated in Sections 24-4.1-303 C.R.S., 24-4.1-304 C.R.S. and 24-4.2-105(4) C.R.S. and related to all crimes as defined by Section 24-4.1-302(1) C.R.S.;
(3) Provide direct services to victims of crime;
(4) Have demonstrated an effective response to victim needs; and/or will provide new, innovative, or unmet victim services;
(5) Do not duplicate other victim services within the Tenth Judicial District.
PLEASE NOTE: According to 24-4.2-105(2.5)(a) C.R.S., “The board shall not accept, evaluate, or approve any application requesting grants of money…from any state agency, including local offices of such agencies; except … the court administrator … for the purpose of collecting all monies assessed by the courts … (and) local probation department … for the purpose of implementing the rights of victims …”
Copies of the state statutes related to these funds are available at http://state.co.us/dcj-victim-program/home/local-VALE and click the link for Local VALE Statute 24-4.2-(101-110)
September 7, 2018 Request for Proposals released (Grant application packets e-mailed to prior recipients), notices posted
September 25, 2018 Applicant’s Workshop, 11:30 PM to 1:00 PM, Community Conference Room, District Attorney’s Office, 701 Court St., Pueblo, CO; Lunch will be provided. RSVP required by 9/21/18 to email@example.com
October 12, 2018 Grant Application Submission Deadline – An original and seven (7) copies of the completed grant application must be received by 4:00 PM on this date at the District Attorney’s Office, 701 Court St., Pueblo, CO 81003. NOTE: Applicants mailing their applications must allow sufficient mail delivery time to ensure receipt of their proposals by the specified time. LATE PROPOSALS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
October 19, 2018 Application review by the VALE Board and decisions on funding
October 26, 2018 Notification of grant awards/denials. Applicants denied funding may request reconsideration, in writing to the Board.
November 15, 2018 Deadline for receipt of request(s) for denial reconsideration (4 pm)
November 16, 2018 Board will hear request(s) for reconsideration.
Novemer 19, 2018 Mail reconsideration request letters (if applicable)
November 23, 2018 Contracts will be mailed to 2019 Grantee recipients
December 28, 2018 All Contracts must be signed and returned by noon.
APPPLICATION SUBMISSION: An original and seven (7) copies of the entire application must be received no later than 4:00 p.m., Friday, October 12, 2018, by the VALE Administrator at the Tenth Judicial District Attorney’s Office, 701 Court St., Pueblo, CO 81003. The receptionist at the DA’s Office will be instructed to record the date and time of receipt of the application. Please mark on the outside of your envelope “2019 VALE APPLICATION”.
Applicants may not FAX or E-mail applications to the VALE Board under any circumstances. Original signatures are required. Applicants mailing their applications must allow sufficient mail delivery time to ensure receipt of their proposals by the deadline.
(1) Grant project falls under the VALE Statute Title 24, Article 4.2, C.R.S.
(2) The project provides victim services to implement the Victims’ Rights Constitutional Amendment.
(3) Application is complete, concise, clearly represents the proposed project, and provides all information requested, including all required original signatures.
(4) The project provides direct services to victims of crime in the Tenth Judicial District.
(5) Applicant has demonstrated a need for the project.
(6) The applicant is effective in responding to the needs of victims of crime.
(7) Applicant does not duplicate services provided by other resources.
(8) Applicant efficiently utilizes its resources, including volunteers, or otherwise maximizes the number of persons served per grant dollar.
(9) Applicant demonstrates good fiscal management practices.
(10) Applicant has demonstrated the ability to comply with financial and program requirements (if applicant has received past funding from the VALE Board). Including
(11) Applicant demonstrates reasonable fundraising efforts, local volunteer and/or financial support and, if appropriate, a diversified funding base.
(12) Applicant has demonstrated an effective response to victim needs or provides new, innovative approaches to unmet victim needs in the Tenth Judicial District.
(13) The Board will give appropriate deference to the need for continuity in providing service to programs with a proven track record with the local VALE Board.
NOTE: The fact that an applicant meets eligibility requirements or has received funding in the past does not guarantee funding.
REQUESTS FOR RECONSIDERATION: The VALE Board reserves the right to reject any or all proposals, or to reject any portion of a proposal, if it is determined to be in the best interest of the Tenth Judicial District to do so. All applicants who have been denied funding have a right to request a reconsideration of the Board’s denial of funding if the applicant can show that additional information is available or if a change in circumstances has occurred. Requests for reconsideration will be heard at the November 16, 2018, meeting of the Board. Written notification of the results of the request will be mailed to the applicant within seven (7) working days after a determination has been made.
NOTICE OF A REQUEST FOR RECONSIDERATION MUST BE IN WRITING AND MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE BOARD WITHIN 14 DAYS OF THE DATE OF NOTIFICATION OF THE DENIAL OF FUNDING.
APPLICANTS MAY REQUEST A GRANT APPLICATION PACKET BY CALLING OR WRITING:
10th JD VALE Board Administrator
District Attorney’s Office
701 Court St.
Pueblo, CO 81003